I get many messages asking me to address advertising for affiliate products and services.
The reason I don’t go deep into advertising is because most platforms don’t like direct ads to affiliate products. Plus with trade compliance issues and having platforms change rules and regulations all the time, I am not in a position to give you messaging or legal advice on this.
The best strategy is to brand yourself in one way or another and make yourself or your services as the main feature on ads.
What Do You Stand For?
That is why it is important to get clear on what you want to stand for so you can create content, marketing campaigns and ads that fit your story and what you bring to the table.
Once you have followers, leads and clients on any channel of your choice, you can start suggesting some of your affiliate products to them.
For example, if you are web designer and have skills creating great pages using tools like LeadPages, ClickFunnels and/or Kartra, you can market your skills first and then suggest these services to your clients.
They all have a great affiliate program that allows you to make residual monthly income for leads that sign up using your affiliate link.
Which one would you pick as an affiliate?
All of them!
Your job is to provide the best option for your customers.
Here's how I see it:
- LeadPages: LeadPages is great if you need simple marketing pages or website. You can recommend this too with confidence to your customers who have simple marketing campaigns like promoting a book, webinar, event or video training.
- ClickFunnels: ClickFunnels has more advanced features. It allows you to customize your user experience with followup that matches your lead's behavior. It also has membership site functionality and allows you to create your own affiliate program.
- Kartra: Kartra has all the above and more. With Kartra you can have all your marketing needs on one platform. You can also create more strategic membership sites and monitor how your students are consuming content and video with advanced analytics. You can also list your products on the network so other Kartra members can promote your offers for a commission.
Promote yourself as a consultant and listen to your customer's needs. Once you know what their needs are and their monthly budget, you can recommend the right tool and platform for them. That's how you make money by selling your services as a consultant and also create passive and residual income from affiliate offers.
This formula can apply to any industry.
What You Need To Know
When choosing your affiliate offers always:
- Pick products and services you believe in
- Pick products and services that address a problem you want to solve
- Aim to help your leads find a solution even if it means you refer them to products you don’t make a commission on
Once you know what you stand for and what problems you want to solve, it becomes much easier for you to search the market and find affiliate offers that fit your story.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS brand and market yourself and your services first.
Companies come and go and so do affiliate offers.
The only thing you can hold on to is your name, reputation, what you learned, and your tribe… your followers who chose to follow you for your insights.
How To Increase Your Chances Of Success
The reason most people don’t do well with affiliate marketing is because they focus on sell, sell, sell, without offering value. They expect people to buy from them all the time. Statistics show that only 2 – 4% of your audience will follow you and from that even less will buy based on your suggestions.
To get success with any type of business, you need to brand yourself, have a clear message on what you are offering and what problems you are solving. You need to create a business that provides multiple streams of income using any of the following:
- Affiliate Offers
The best skills to learn is marketing and sales no matter what industry you want to get into. Learn how to get people to respect you and follow your advice (marketing). Once you have followers, you can make suggestions to them (sales).
If you are too lazy to read a book, take a training and implement what you learn, then don't expect to get results.
So start reading, start learning and start implementing or you will find yourself going from one free blog, video, webinar, event or workshop to the next and nothing to show for it.
The best way to learn is to implement. With so many books, free and paid training you have no excuse.
Find structured training, mentors and accountability partners to help.
Most of all get clear on what you want, why you want it and create a plan of action to fit your needs.